Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back From Vacation




I'm back.  Hope you had a great summer.  I cannot believe that summer is almost over but for me I am afraid it is.  This week was the start of faculty meetings at the Philadelphia university I teach at, and I am well into 2....yes 2 online classes that are lots of fun but proving quite time consuming.

One of the classes I have taught before, its a Community Health class which is one of my nursing passions.  I know the syllabus quite well by now and its fun to be back, have not been involved in this class for a few months.  The other class is called The Professional Nurse.  It is the very first class that online students take and is a means of orientating them to the online world, sending them on scavenger hunts to access the library, put references in the APA correct way (I always found this a curse until I found a very handy dandy online tool to help me!).  Anyhoo these students need a fair amount of hand holding, I remember well my first online class and how stressful it was. It has kept me occupied

But back to Summer.  It had to be one of the best summers I have had in many many years.  For the first time in living memory I worked from home and loved every minute of it.  Another advantage of being my own boss, I am always employee of the month!  My boss (me) gives me days or hours off whenever I want.  One look from Toby and we were out the door running around the reservoir.  It was a stress free, wonderful 4 months.

However, I feel ready to get back to a routine of teaching outside the house, continuing with my online teaching and some other business opportunities I have been building.  One of those is building my health and fitness business. I launched a new website that has been fun to build and blog about.  Here is the link

Curves and Carrots

Pop in and enjoy, I try to blog on this site several times a week.

More to come on a weekly basis.  Its good to be back even if the days are warm and the evenings are balmy.  Toby sure loved having me around and we acquired 2 new kittens.  All I know is I have never been that much of an animal person until all the kids left for University, now I have these surrogate children.  I am going to end up being that cat lady.  One day I will be found dead in my home at a very elderly age surrounded by 15 cats and 5 dogs......perish the thought!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment